Self Storage Explained17th August 2015
Finding a storage solution that’s right for you can be a confusing task. You may be concerned that you have too much or too little for professional storage services, or are concerned that storage will be too expensive. Self-storage is a simple solution to these issues that is growing in popularity. It is a versatile option that is suitable for almost any storage need, and this article will outline the basics of self storage.
What can self-storage be used for?
There are a number of commercial and domestic uses for self-storage units, including:
- Storing furniture whilst moving, renovating relocating, or travelling
- Self storage is an ideal solution for students who live far from home – you can store your belongings in your university city whilst returning home for summer and simply pick them up when you return in September
- Storing large hobby or sports equipment
- Holding possessions to create space in your home
- Archiving files or documents
- Storing excess or seasonal stock
- Storing trade equipment – builders and other tradesmen often find self-storage to be a cheap and safe way to store their valuable tools
However, this is by no means an extensive list as self storage is so versatile.
What can I store?
Anything legal! You cannot store firearms or dangerous weapons, drugs, explosives, or anything else that could be harmful. Perishable foods and items aren’t recommended if you’re storing long-term.
Will my belongings be safe?
At Darvills & Benns, our self storage is monitored by CCTV 24/7 and your unit is padlocked with you holding the key, so you can be sure that your storage is completely protected.
Do I need insurance?
Your belongings remain your responsibility. Whilst damage or theft is very unlikely thanks to tight security, if the worst was to happen your belongings would not be covered by your storage company. If you do have valuables in storage, it would be a good idea to get some insurance for your own peace of mind.
When can I access my storage?
Some companies offer 24 hour access, whilst others operate normal business hours so it’s best to check beforehand with whichever company you use. Darvills & Benns operate from 7:30am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
Is it expensive?
Prices vary depending on how much storage space you need and the length you will be storing your belongings, however self storage is very much an affordable solution to your storage problems.
Darvills & Benns offer storage solutions on a long term and short term basis. If you’d like more information on our locations and services, or for a free quotation, contact us today.This entry was posted in self storage advice. Bookmark the permalink. ← A Guide to Moving House with Children DIY Removals Vs Professional Removal Company →